Job Title : Zoo Crew (Front of House)
Location : Belfast
Duration : Temporary
Rate : 9.99 p/h
Hours : 37 hpw
Main purpose of job :
To be responsible to the Shift Supervisors for the operation of “all front of house” and customer service duties, including admissions, the visitors’ centre and souvenir shop functions.
To be responsible to the Shift Supervisor to ensure a high standard of customer service and cleanliness on the site.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties :
1. To deal with visitors entering the relevant site, signposting, providing venue information, conducting tours, receiving fees for admission and to participate in all zoo wide promotions.
2. To promote and process membership schemes, including issuing and re-issuing membership cards and maintaining the database.
3. To carry out all duties required in the souvenir shop including selling goods, re-stocking maintaining stock levels to satisfy customer needs, receiving and checking goods inwards, signing delivery notes pricing and merchandising as required. To ensure service and stock levels maximise sales and comply with Trading Standard regulations
4. To carry out regular stock checks and providing accurate information to management as required. Conducting basic analysis on sales trends to help with stock replenishment.
5. To maintain cleanliness levels on the site. Removing waste, emptying bins in public and staff areas, and disposing of packaging and other materials from the Visitor Centre and adjoining administration building in accordance with council procedures.
6. To undertake general and specific cleaning duties, individually or as part of a team throughout all parts of the site; for example, the sweeping, mopping, polishing, litter picking and other relevant duties, of all public and staff areas, and toilets. To operate and use mechanical and electrical cleaning and polishing equipment.
7. To assist and take part in the organisation of promotional campaigns, events and activities. To assist in the preparation of display material for exhibitions and education projects
8. To undertake general and specific labouring duties as directed, for example, dismantling, maintenance and storage of seating.
9. To demonstrate the use of mobility scooters and record appropriate documentation.
10. To provide administrative back up to the shift supervisors and other relevant zoo staff.
11. To be responsible for allocated cash floats and the operation and cashing up of allocated tills and reconciliation of cash at point of sale in accordance with council procedures. To perform appropriate end of day procedures.
12. To act promptly upon all comments / complaints in a positive and friendly manner and in accordance with company procedures
13. To administratively assist with first aid, recording accident or incident details, filling out accident or incident reports, recording accidents and reporting all incidents to management through appropriate channels.
14. To carry out all work in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and all company policies and regulations
15. To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Company.
16. To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year’s relevant experience in the each of the following areas:
a) dealing with enquiries and cash handling on behalf of customers; and
b) general cleaning duties, for example public and staff toilets.
Special skills and attributes
Applicants must be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, evidence of each of the following which may be tested at interview:
Team working skills
The ability to work as a member of a team and on their own initiative.
Customer care skills
An understanding of the principles of customer care and the ability to respond appropriately to the needs of customers.
Oral communication skills
Effective communication with the ability to provide information and advice to other members of staff and the general public.
Written communication skills
A good standard of literacy with the ability to process membership schemes whilst maintaining the database and providing accurate information when conducting regular stock checks.
Health and safety awareness
A basic understanding of the health and safety responsibilities attached to the post to ensure the safety of other council employees and members of the public.
Good numerical skills with the ability to undertake cash reconciliations, numerical computation and manual stock taking duties.
Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.99 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Cash handling: 1 year (required)
- Cleaning Duties: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org