Job Title : Seasonal General Attendant – Delamont
Location : Downpatrick
Rate : £9.79 p/h
Hours : 20p/w
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Instruct and supervise public at all times ensuring safe and orderly usage and visitor satisfaction is maintained.
2. The prevention of unauthorised activities and compliance with Management procedures and Council Bye-Laws.
3. To collect and ensure the safety of monies in accordance with procedures, and to disseminate information and prepare and maintain records/reports.
4. To report defects and undertake general maintenance, cleaning duties, security/safety checks and emergency action/repairs.
5.To open and close the facilities or premises ensuring they are maintained in a suitable condition.
6. To operate and use a range of tools, power tools and plant.
7. To administer First-aid as appropriate.
8. To ensure that Corporate policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
1. Carry out duties for all jobs up to and including those in the grade / scale set for this post provided such duties are deemed to be within the area of work.
2. Carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978 (as amended); Acts of Parliament; Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements; and all Council Policies and Procedures including Dignity at Work, Health and Safety, Attendance and all relevant Codes of Conduct.
3. Complete all documentation associated with the duties of the post.
4. Participate in staff training and development activities to ensure that knowledge, skills and competence required to fulfil the role in full are up to date.
5. Undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and promote the positive reputation of Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
6. Undertake all aspects of work respecting confidentiality.
7. By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service.
8. Contribute to Corporate, Departmental and Regional working groups as required
Qualifications and criteria :
GCSE passes (Grades A – C) in both English Language and Maths or equivalent. PLUS At least 6 months relevant experience in a customer facing role working with the public. OR (in lieu of GCSE passes) At least 1 year’s relevant experience in a customer facing role working with the public. At least 6 months’ previous experience of cash handling and keeping associated records in a work environment.
Awareness of Health and Safety issues involved in working with the public and Manual Handling. Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
Must be available to work April to September including evenings, weekends, public holidays Access to transport to meet the requirements of the post; or have access to a mode of transport that will enable the post holder to fulfil the role in full.
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abides by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org