Job title : Personal Advisor/Tenancy Support Worker – Omagh
Location : Omagh
Duration : Temporary
Rate : 11.53 p/h
Hours : 37.5 hpw
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide advice, including practical advice and support to young people leaving care and in aftercare as agreed in the pathway plan
2. Offer support in the form of mentoring to and advocacy on behalf of, the young person, where appropriate
3. Participate in assessing the needs of young people leaving care and contributing to preparation of pathway plans
4. Participate in reviews of the pathway plan and request revisions to the plan where appropriate.
5. Liaise with the company in the implementation of the pathway plan as required
6. Coordinate the provision of services and to take reasonable steps to ensure that young people make use of such provisions.
7. Stay in touch with young people and keep informed about their progress and well – being which will require the ability to work unsocial hours.
8. Support young peoples’ participation in pathway planning and help them to represent their own wishes and views.
9. Promote young people’s participation in the improvement and development of 16+ Services.
10. Maintain written records of contact with young people in accordance with HSC Trusts policy and procedures.
11. Participate in team meetings, regular supervision meetings and recognised training opportunities as agreed with the line manager.
12. To assist the young person to negotiate with Statutory and other agencies including accompanying them to appointments where appropriate.
13. To provide information and reports as required by the Manager.
14. To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the 16+ Service as
15. To be able to use a computer to maintain required Trust contact records
and other data as required.
Minimum of 2 years direct experience of engaging with adolescent young people or young adults (16-25 years old) on an individual or group basis, either in a paid or voluntary capacity.
Experience and understanding of working in partnership with others, e.g. parents, GPs, teachers, youth clubs, PSNI etc. to meet the needs of young people.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the company which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
Proficiency or competence in informal educational / leisure activities (e.g. sport / cultural activity / or creative activity.
Involvement in Service User Participation or engagement schemes / groups.
Vocational Qualification at Level 3 or higher in Childcare. Social Care, or Housing.
Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.53 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- engaging with (16-25years) individually/group: 2 years (required)
- Informal education/Leisure activities: 1 year (preferred)
- service user participation or engagment schemes: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org