Newcastle/ Downpatrick area
£9.74 per hour
Pool Lifeguard Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for undertaking lifeguarding duties, as determined by rota, to professionally recognised standards:
(i) Keeping a close watch over the pool, associated features (eg flume, leisure area, health suite and soft play area etc) and the users, exercising the appropriate level of control
(ii) Communicating effectively with facility users and colleagues
(iii) Anticipating problems and preventing accidents
(iv) Intervention to prevent unsafe behaviour
(v) Identifying emergencies quickly and taking appropriate action.
(vi) Carrying out rescues from the water and associated features.
(vii) Giving immediate First Aid to any casualty
(viii) Supervising a variety of facilities and water based activities; swimming tuition, fitness training, diving, school activities, aqua aerobics, canoeing, water polo, sub-aqua etc.
(ix) Assisting with crowd control, including the evacuation of the building in an emergency.
Essential experience and qualifications:
- 4 GCSE passes Grades A – C (or equivalent)
- AND 6 months relevant experience working in a customer facing role.
- OR in lieu of qualifications 12 months relevant experience working in a customer facing role
- Current National Pool Lifeguarding qualification assessed at 2 meters and includes spinal board assessment
- Experience of cleaning duties in a working environment e.g. public building, office complex.
- Have a good knowledge of health and safety relevant to the post.
- Attend on going training to maintain National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- Have access to transport to meet the requirements
of the post.
- Be flexible to work a range of hours which may include evenings, weekends, public holidays and early mornings.
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
To apply for this job email your CV to email@example.com