IT Systems Engineers! Sick of the City?
Our client due to success and growth have a vacancy for a 2nd Line Support IT Systems Engineer. Based in the green rural setting of the County Down countryside, they provide the full range of IT services to small and medium businesses, from computer and server hardware to networks to cloud services, all backed up by remote or on-site support.
They are a small company with big ambitions and through their key partner network, now supply products and services to businesses, healthcare and the public sector across the island or Ireland, USA and beyond.
The role is for a permanent position, with a probationary period of 6 months.
The right candidate will be able to take ownership of key customer projects from inception to completion, with support from other staff as required. They will also contribute by delivering outstanding technical support to our existing clients, and by helping to drive new business in conjunction with the MD.
In their company, everyone has to do a bit of everything, but the work will mainly involve:
• Designing and configuring systems for new projects – routers, switches, PCs, servers, cloud services etc.
• Undertaking installs for our Telecoms partners – installing racks, switches, routers and phones. Configuration as required.
• Remote support for Windows Desktop and Server systems (a smattering of Mac OS X as well)
• Customer site visits for consultancy or support as required.
• Regular remote maintenance checks for contract clients
• Answering phone and email enquiries
• Improving internal systems for efficiency or cost-savings
Based just outside Crossgar, Co. Down, in a beautiful renovated barn, with stunning countryside all around – Not a bad place to work! The role will be mainly based at this office, but when COVID restrictions permit some travel to customer sites will be required, and the nature of the role is such that some working from home could be a possibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
Ideal candidate would have:
• MCSA or higher, Windows Desktop and Server
• CCNA, DCNA or similar experience – We don’t deal with much Cisco hardware, but need someone with plenty of TCP/IP networking experience and a solid understanding of DNS.
• Experience in a first or second line support role
• Familiarity with RMM and PSA tools
• Practical experience installing data cabinets.
• Significant experience configuring and supporting cloud-based systems. Our key ones are Office 365, cPanel Web Hosting, BitDefender GravityZone, Cisco Umbrella and Acronis Data Cloud, but experience with comparable alternatives is acceptable.
• Own vehicle suitable for travel to customer sites. Mileage paid.
• Comfortable working both in a small team and alone
• Degree in Computer science or similar
• Experience in enterprise wifi networks, VLANs, Fibre networking,
• Experience in Microsoft Azure, SQL and .Net
• Any Sales experience in a technology-related role – not key to the role, but would be an asset to a growing small business.
£25,000 to £30,000pa, depending on experience and qualification.
Job Description:Hours of Work:
40 hours / week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Occasional evening and weekend work, with time off in lieu.
• • The opportunity to grow your own role!
• • Work in a beautiful setting.
• • Investment in training on a case-by-case basis
• • Paid holiday, currently 28 per annum
• • Workplace pension
• • profit-sharing scheme
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Reference ID: 03598
Reference ID: IT
To apply for this job email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org