Job Title : Gardener 3
Location : Downpatrick
Duration : 4 months
Rate : £11.59 p/h
Hours : 37 hpw
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To liaise with the Ground Maintenance Supervisor and Craftsperson Gardener (4) in order to allocate duties to basic grade gardeners, and oversee their daily work.
2. To train (on the job) and develop permanent and temporary basic grade gardeners as required.
3. To oversee and participate in maintenance including grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves and litter, etc at any of the Council’s facilities including hazardous locations and in all weathers.
4. To undertake ground maintenance work including planning, setting out and marking of sports areas. To advise on condition and availability of pitches.
5. To be responsible for the safe storage, handling and recording of chemicals according to COSHH procedures.
6. To undertake horticultural operations such as planting, pruning and seeding. To quantify appropriate plants and materials using horticultural knowledge for specific projects for ordering purposes.
7. To use powered hand tools and plant, including the operation of tractor mounted equipment. To undertake daily maintenance and setting of machinery.
8. To interpret plans and undertake site preparation and construction.
9. To transport, erect and dismantle sports and other equipment.
10.To drive and be responsible for allocated vehicles including trailers.
11.To maintain records e.g. accident book, daily work sheets and stores records as required.
12.To act as key holder for a range of Council locations.
13.To ensure that corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
14.To maintain an up-to-date professional awareness of matters relating to horticulture and grounds maintenance.
Essential Criteria :
- NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture or Equivalent AND
1 years relevant horticulture experience to include the use of commercial grounds maintenance machinery OR
- Applicants without NVQ level 2 in Horticulture qualification or equivalent must have 2 years relevant horticulture or site work experience to include the use of commercial grounds maintenance machinery
- Certificate in Chemical Spraying and Handling (Pa1 and Pa6a) OR • Chainsaw Licence (CS30 & CS31)
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
To apply for this job email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org