37 hours weekly
£16.60 per hour
Temporary role – 28/09/2021
Start date – 28/09/2020
As a member of the Finance Unit the post-holder will be required to:
Support the Finance Manager in the provision of an effective and efficient Capital and Treasury Accounting service to the company, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and guidelines as appropriate.
1. In conjunction with the Finance Manager, produce annual estimates for Capital projects and associated loan calculations. Prepare reports for the use of management team, Committees’ and Company.
2. Review and manage the capital spend, prepare reports on a timely basis and attend capital review meetings.
3. To provide technical support and advice to Directors and operational managers in relation to capital expenditure and work-in-progress.
4. To identify and report on potential risk areas and associated financial year end positions and recommend appropriate corrective action plans. To monitor ongoing management of risk and opportunity areas.
5. Development and maintenance of the Company loans register including preparation and submission the appropriate paperwork for financial resources to ensure sufficient funds are secured for the Capital programme in a timely manner. Preparation of schedules in relation to such for the Annual accounts.
6. To assist the Finance Manager in the implementation of the Councils Treasury Management Strategy and Annual Investment Plan, including cash flow projections and monthly investment proposals for approval by the Head of Finance.
The post holder will be required to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation.
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
1.1 – Full membership of a recognised professional accountancy body (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
1.2 – At least three years employment experience in finance and accountancy to include:
• experience of capital accounting
• experience of treasury management
Where the stated qualifications are not met as outlined in 1.1 above, a minimum of six years relevant work experience as outlined in 1.2 above is required.
1.3 – Demonstrate a good knowledge in the principles of capital accounting in a public sector body
1.4 – Demonstrate a good knowledge in the operation of IT systems appropriate to the field including spreadsheets and databases.
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
To apply for this job email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org