Job Title : Business Support Officer
Location : Downpatrick
Duration : Temporary
Rate : 10.60 p/h
Hours : 17.13 hpw
Saturday 1.30pm -6pm
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary :
To provide a comprehensive and flexible administrative Business Support Service working across a range
of Client functions/departments as required, this will include implementing and maintaining business
support service standards and providing an excellent standard of customer service for internal and
To contribute as team member to the provision of a modern, professional, high quality and responsive
business support and customer focused service to support the Corporate and Business Plans of the client.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to a number of client Officers on a
daily basis including acting as point of contact for a service or department.
2. Provide seamless confidential business support and administrative cover working cross
departmentally as required within the Business Support Service.
3. Provide business support to agreed service standards and standard operating procedures to
ensure the highest standards of work, including effective and efficient turnaround times and work
4. Process and record applications, system transactions and queries in accordance with approved
5. Provide an excellent standard of customer service, including reception services and liaison with
other departments of the Company, external agencies and members of the public. This will include
taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following through to completion.
6. Provide advice and information to colleagues and customers on business support processes.
7. Process and maintain a range of data and document management systems, this will include filing,
archiving, retrieval, research, checking for accuracy, transfer of data to other agencies in line with
statutory or service level agreement requirements.
8. Prepare papers and reports actioning recommendations and maintaining follow up and manage
correspondence in accordance with departmental procedures.
9. Process financial transactions, to include recording and receipt of all monies (including credit card
payments), bank lodgements, updating financial records, generating and processing invoices for
authorisation, purchasing goods and/or services, maintaining stock control records, assisting with
financial claims and budget monitoring in accordance with financial regulations and governance.
10. Operate and monitor the Clients manual and computerised booking/requisition systems in
accordance with approved procedures.
11. Acknowledge correspondence received and draft, issue and respond in accordance with
departmental procedures and agreed timescales.
12. Organise meetings, prepare agendas, service meetings, take minutes, distribute all relevant
documents, action recommendations and maintain follow up as required.
13. Assist in the delivery of departmental projects and events, as required.
14. Assist in the maintenance of relevant Business Support Systems and Quality Management Systems
including monitoring and review of systems and implementing improvements as directed.
15. Provide peer support with staff inductions, work placement students, training and development
programmes in accordance with Client policy and procedures.
16. Contribute to all aspects of service delivery within the Business Support Service, delivering high quality and cost effective services
Questions that will need to be answered for application :
Please demonstrate that you hold Grade C or above in at least 4 GCSEs* or equivalent, one of which must be GCSE* English Language or equivalent and one of which must be a GCSE* in a numerate subject or equivalent.
If you hold academic qualifications in question 1 please demonstrate, by providing examples, a minimum of 6 months’ previous work experience in carrying out administrative duties which included typing of letters, reports etc., and filing.
If you DO NOT hold academic qualifications please demonstrate, by providing examples, that you have a minimum of 12 months’ previous work experience in carrying out administrative duties which included typing of letters, reports etc., and filing.
Please demonstrate, by providing examples, experience in the use of a Management Information System.
Please demonstrate by providing examples, your competence in use of e-mail and Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
Please demonstrate by providing examples, previous experience of handling financial transactions and keeping associated records.
Please demonstrate by providing examples, previous experience of carrying out reception duties.
Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org