Job Title : Beach Caretaker Cranfield Beach (Ref: 04318)
Location : Kilkeel
Duration : Seasonal
Rate : 9.79 p/h
Hours : 20 p/w
The postholder will be responsible for maintaining a high level of general cleanliness, general maintenance and upkeep; ensuring a friendly and efficient service to the public.
1. Maintenance of amenity and beach , including checks on equipment, litter collection patrols, cleansing of public building, pathways, car parks, slipways, toilets, signage and assisting higher graded operatives in their work.
2. Patrolling the Council managed facilities to ensure protection of property and that Council bye-laws are enforced.
3. Day to day maintenance of the facility, car park, signage, including toilets, shower block and play areas, and ensuring a high standard is maintained in these areas.
4. Checking the safety of the facility and associated facilities prior to use by the public and, if required, recording details of checks carried out.
5.Open and close the facilities and controlling traffic as required, and attendance at the facilities at all times when required.
6. Enforce Council bye-laws and ensure good order is maintained at all times, and to ensure that appropriate report sheets are completed and that appropriate actions are taken in relation to any unauthorised activity on Council managed property.
7.Complete a litter patrol of all Council managed facilities including the beach area.
8. Working with / referral to appropriate officers with regard to general maintenance, breaches of bye-laws and any other issues relevant to the upkeep of the amenity.
Qualifications and Criteria
• At least 6 month’s previous work experience of cleansing duties in a working environment.
• At least 6 months’ experience working with members of the public.
• At least 6 months’ previous experience of patrolling and enforcement duties eg, car park, litter control.
• Experience of basic record keeping.
Good understanding of health and safety practice relevant to the post.
Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain high standard of cleanliness in accordance with specified requirements.
Hold a full current driving licence and access to transport, or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post*.
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abides by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@platinumrecruitment.net