Job Title : Band 3 Records Clerk
Location : Dungannon
Duration : 4 months
Rate : £11.11p/h
Hours : 26hpw
The post holderwill provide clerical support to maintain records including operation of School Health Records System and Child Health Computer System. The post holder will assist professionals i.e. School Nurses, General Practitioners, Education staff in the delivery of regional child health promotion programme by scheduling immunisations, health appraisals, preparing records and recording of outcomes to ensure the integrity and quality of the CHS database. The post holder may be the first point of contact for a wide range of Child Health System users and for members of the public making enquiries both in person and by telephone. The post holder will be responsible for the on-going maintenance of information on the Child Health System.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To ensure that work for which responsible is processed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards and that any derogation is brought to the attention of a senior officer.
2. To prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
3. Deal with routine queries, referring to more senior staff when necessary.
4. Deal with incoming / outgoing mail and ensure that mail is distributed appropriately to relevant staff and in a timely manner.
5. To ensure that a school record is prepared for each child and brought forward each year to the appropriate class / school during the child’s primary secondary education.
6. Prepare schedule, print and class screening of vision, audio and school examinations for the School Nurse
7. Prepare schedule and print medical examinations for the Community Paediatric Service, and ensure that the appropriate school records are sent on to them.
8. Schedule, print and class all Secondary school children due vaccinations in Year 9, Year 11 and also any children who missed out the previous year (mop up).
9. To ensure that all vaccination and immunisation details are recorded against each individual child record including consent, this is particularly important so that children are called for the correct immunisation.
10. Contributing to the smooth transition of changes in the regional childhood immunisation programmes, schedules and participation in the catch- up programmes e.g., Men C
11. Responsible for compiling a child health record for children who move into the area from the accession states, and being aware of the various immunisation schedules in the different countries.
12. Code significant conditions and congenital malformations diagnosed by the Medical Team using the International Classification of Diseases Version 10 coding books.
13. Provide administrative support and assistance to the School Nursing Team in schools with the implementation of the core programme.
14. Responsible for processing School Health Records for children who have moved in/out of the Trust area.
15. Responsible for responding to verbal and written queries from the public and professionals for information on health related issues in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Departmental policies.
16. Responsible for bringing to the attention of the Child Health System Manager any discrepancies found in the Child Health System.
17. Requesting stock stationary and ordering all the relevant CHS forms.
18. Process incoming and outgoing mail as required.
19. To provide relief cover for other clerical staff as required including preschool child health record department.
20. Running enquiries within set parameters and producing various statistics.
21. Carry out a range of duties relating to records i.e. logging, filing, archiving, retrieval, tracking and dissemination.
22. Undertake any other duties appropriate to the position and grade which may be assigned from time to time in light of developments.
4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years’ experience in a clerical / administrative role
2 years’ experience in a clerical / administrative role
Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word or equivalent.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by The Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
To apply for this job email your CV to email@example.com