Job Title : Band 3 Hospital Cashier –
Location : Newry
Duration : 6 months initially
Rate : £11.11
Hours : 37.5hpw
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the recovery of company income, including calculating amounts due, generating invoices according to company policies and procedures, preparing monthly and annual journals for posting to the General Ledger, and promptly and appropriately resolving queries
- Input transactions accurately to all systems including Accounts Receivable within the Finance Procurement & Logistics system (FPL), in accordance with appropriately authorised primary documentation and the Trust’s Standing Financial Instructions, internal financial procedures and statutory reporting requirements laid down by DHSSPS, covering all types of income and receipts eg debtor/non debtor, credit notes, recharges, non patient income, supporting people, contract, residential care client contributions, cash/cheques/electronic transfer etc
- Receive, receipt and record remittances made to the Trust including cash, cheques, electronic transfers etc
- Assist the Team Leader in preparing lodgements, including counting cash/cheques and reconciling to recorded receipts
- Ensure that transactions are properly recorded and coded within accounts receivable and the General Ledger, and all documentation and records are filed in accordance with the Trust’s policies and procedures
- Investigate and appropriately resolve any discrepancies or queries relating to transactions, referring to Team Leader as appropriate
- Monitor and check own work to ensure highest quality of input data prior to processing
- Prepare monthly and annual journals for input and posting to FPL as required
- Assist the Team Leader in the provision of reporting information, including listing and analysis of balances and discrepancies, and other returns as required by Trust managers, DHSSPS etc
- Develop and maintain an appropriate knowledge of the Accounts Receivable system including the General Ledger etc and the structure and functions of the company.
1. 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language or equivalent / higher qualification and 1 years’ experience in a clerical / administrative role
2 years’ experience in a clerical / administrative role
2. Experience in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel or
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.11 per hour
To apply for this job email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org