Job Title : Band 3 General Secretary
Location : Downpatrick
Duration : 3 Months
Rate : £11.11 p/h
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide an efficient and effective secretarial and administrative service to Mental Health Professional staff.
2. Undertake a range of admin support duties including maintenance and ordering of stock/non stock items, photocopying, filing, diary management, provision of typing and admin support to the team.
3. Word processing/producing reports.
4. Act as point of contact between service users, carers, staff and external agencies to ensure a full and efficient service.
5. Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
6. Maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with local policies and procedures.
7. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
8. Create and maintain spreadsheets for use within the department.
9. Deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required providing information, directing and prioritizing queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
10. Filing, archiving and disposal as per Records Management Policy.
11. Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes, and ensure that all work, for which you are responsible, is processed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
12. Participate in quality assurance exercises, if required.
13. Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding information held in respect of service users and staff.
14. Establish, maintain and develop working relationships with managers, staff at all levels throughout the Trust and interact effectively with members of the public as required.
15. Ensure all office duties are carried out in accordance with local policies and procedures.
16. Provide cover for other administration staff during periods of planned/unplanned absence, including main reception cover if necessary.
17. Any other duties that may arise from time to time relating to the particular needs of the service, as may be assigned.
18. Participate in regular supervisions and team meetings with Line Manager/Team Leader – to address any issues or concerns and ensure effective and efficient administration systems are in place.
19. You will be expected to organise meetings and participate in minute taking –to include the typing and distribution of minutes. This may require travelling to venues throughout the Trust.
20. Audio Typing.
21. Responsible for handling/processing documentation with extremely distressing content
22. Responsible for handling/processing distressing calls/face to face contact from service users
23. *For this specific post you will be expected to manage the administration of Consultant/medical staff caseloads – including making/cancelling/rescheduling appointments, regular caseload maintenance (to include managing the administration of waiting lists), data cleansing etc.
1. 4 GCSE’s Grades A-C to include
English Language (or equivalent
Qualification) plus one year’s
NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent qualification) plus one year’s secretarial/admin/clerical experience.
2 Year’s secretarial/admin/clerical experience.
2. RSA/OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (or equivalent/ above qualification).
12 months word processing experience, to include typing and formatting of reports and letters.
Experience in using Microsoft packages to include WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates may be contacted shortlisted.
To apply for this job email your CV to email@example.com