Job Title : Band 3 Admin Assistant
Location : Lisburn
Duration: 3 Months
Rate : 11.11p/h
Hours : 37.5hpw
· The post holder will assist in the provision of a comprehensive cashier service.
· The post holder will ensure that all financial records are kept up to date and maintained accurately and that established systems and procedures are strictly adhered to.
· The post holder will provide an efficient, sensitive and compassionate service to patients, visitors and staff whilst adhering to the relevant Trust policies and procedures and DHSSPS guidelines.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure cash and valuables are physically secure in the safe and properly accounted for. Maintain the safe register and security of keys.
2. Collection, receipt, accurate counting, recording and safe custody of all monies due to the Trust.
3. Assist in the preparation of bank lodgements for public, patients’ property and charitable funds.
4. Maintain petty cash floats. Pay out petty cash as required and reconcile the imprest cash and receipts weekly in line with procedures.
5. Process claims for cash refund to patients who qualify for reimbursement under the Hospital Travel Costs Scheme and visit the cash office for payment.
6. Check and authorise HC5 forms (patients travel expense claim forms) to ensure the patient actually attended the declared appointment, the mileage claim is reasonable, and / or the fare is supported by a receipt. Forward the form for payment processing. Assist in the update and maintenance of a database to monitor claims.
7. Record debtors cash received via the Capita System and process credit card payments. Record non-debtors cash on spreadsheets.
8. Ensure the accurate receipt, recording and return of patients’ property. Undertaking regular review of patients’ property held.
9. Open and account for all post received (including distributing and recording cash and cheques).
10. Dealing with enquiries from staff, patients, members of the public and outside organisations at the cash office window, via telephone and e-mail.
11. Assist with the retrieval, verification and on-ward submission of information requested from the Compensation Recovery Unit (CRU) in respect of Road Traffic Accidents and Personal Injury Claims. Maintain a database of the same including recording cash received.
12. Assist with the preparation and forwarding of requests to have invoices raised.
13. Assist in collection of monies and processing of information in respect of Private/Paying Patient activity.
14. Other general office duties including scanning and photocopying.
1. 4 GCSE’s Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent Qualification) plus 1year’s
Secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent qualification) plus 1 year’s secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
2 year’s secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
2. Experience in using Microsoft packages to include WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and abide by the REC Code of Professional Practice. Platinum Recruitment NI Ltd adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates may be contacted shortlisted.
To apply for this job email your CV to email@example.com